Executive Assistant to the CIO of our client, which is located in the western suburbs.
· Administrative Support:
o Organize, prioritize, and proactively deal with, administrative tasks on behalf of executive(s). This may include mail/e-mail, meeting requests, phone messages, requests from managers' direct reports and other employees, company information, customer requests, vacation tracking, PO management etc. Using understanding of managers' and company's priorities, personally resolve or progress issues as where practicable and appropriate. Accept, refuse or reschedule meetings based on an understanding of corporate and individual priorities.
o Draft correspondence and communications without errors in spelling or grammar, taking several sources of information and synthesize into one new document, retaining key points. Take Minutes and précis discussions and documents.
· Planning and organization:
o Support several managers and juggle priorities appropriately using strong personal organizational. Organize own work assignments to ensure completion of activities while providing best support to managers.
o Maintain absolute confidentiality both of organizational issues and, potentially, between managers supported.
· Attention to detail:
o Effectively proof-read and check work of self and others to ensure accuracy and to ensure managers present themselves and the company in a positive way.
o Compose letters, reports, communications, etc. on behalf of manager(s).
· Summarizing/simplifying data:
o Written reports, documents or other data and/or create executive summaries of information identifying key issues for attention or action by manager.
· Individual projects:
o Personally complete project-based tasks specific to functional areas of managers supported. These may be specifically assigned, or may result from job holder proactively identifying areas where he/she can contribute.
· Time/Organization Management:
o Provide on-going project management support to managers by proactively tracking, chasing, and progressing current issues.
· Meeting management:
o Organize internal or external meetings personally planning all non-business aspects of events including agenda, AV equipment, food, transportation if required, etc. Take notes at meetings as needed and create formal minutes where required. Follow up on issues as needed.
· Associate's degree required
· Required: 3-6 years of experience working as an Executive Assistant in a corporate environment
· Experience and knowledge using Microsoft Office programs including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio
· Polished and professional
· Detail oriented
· Superior organization and prioritization abilities
· Positive/enthusiastic attitude; Eager to take the initiative
· High energy and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Efficient time management skills
· Ability to multitask and operate in a highly fast-paced environment
· Experienced proofreader
· Proactive, energetic and professional